Care for the elderly in Northumberland.
If 70% of the resident’s care is attributable to staff costs and 30% is attributable to non-staff costs, therefore 70% of the resident’s overall fees would be increased by reference to the NMW and the remaining 30% by reference to CPI.]
A working example only: the NMW for under 25-year olds will increase by 6.2% in April 2020 to £8.72 (51p increase on £8.21p) so 70% of 6.2% = 4.35% increase for staff costs. Estimated CPI at the end of January 2020 will be 1.5% so 30% of this is 0.45%. Example increase in fees for 2020 would be 4.35 + 0.45 = 4.8%
The first four weeks following admission to the Charlotte Straker Project are treated as a trial period. During this period, either of us may terminate the agreement by giving the other seven days’ notice in writing. We may terminate the agreement during this period if it becomes clear that we cannot provide you with the level of care that your needs require. Any fees that you have paid for any period beyond the expiry of the notice period (or the date of your departure, if later) will be refunded to you. Where you leave the home before the end of the notice period and we are able to re-allocate your room to someone else before that period expires, we will refund any payments that you have made for the period following re-allocation.
If you are away from the care home due to a prearranged holiday or time in hospital, then your room will be reserved for you. You will continue to pay the full fees for the first [two] weeks of absence and after that, your fees will be reduced by 20%.
If you are absent from the home for a continuous period of 8 weeks, we will consult with you and your representative to seek agreement regarding the further retention of your room. This may happen, for example, in circumstances where there is a requirement for a resident to be admitted to hospital and may present a deterioration in a resident’s symptoms such that their needs may require placement in another more specialised care home. However, we will discuss this with you and your representative(s) should this situation arise and will act in a fair manner to you.
Ending this agreement
This agreement will end:
*Before asking you to leave the home, we will make all reasonable efforts to address and manage detrimental behaviour and consult with you and your representatives, to ensure you understand that a problem has arisen and are supported to behave in a different way. Where we ask you to leave, we will provide you and your representatives with four weeks’ written notice, but we will work with you to help you to find suitable alternative accommodation.
Where you vacate the room during the notice period and we can use the room to accommodate another resident, the fees due for the remainder of the notice period will be reduced to take into account sums received from the new resident for that period.
In the event of a resident moving to another home or if they pass away, the fee will cease to be paid 48 hours after moving or passing away. The 48-hour period can be extended, for example to facilitate the removal of personal possessions, at the request of the resident or their family in special circumstances.
Social Services have care managers who can provide advocacy. Residents can request to see their care manager at any time by arrangement. For residents who do not have family, friends, a care manager or a solicitor, the Registered Manager can assist in accessing advocacy support, with your permission.
In April 2007 the new Independent Mental Capacity Advocate Service became operational. Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCA’s) are able to provide support to individuals who are unable to decisions for themselves.
Please contact the Registered Manager of you would like a copy of the following Charlotte Straker policies:
Policy No. R19: Residents Advocacy Policy.
Policy No. S32: Mental Capacity Act Policy
Contents insurance information/details:
Room fees includes insurance cover for resident’s personal belongings which are kept in their room up to the value of £2,500, e.g. electrical equipment. The current excess on any claim is £500. Charlotte Straker are unable to provide insurance cover for valuable items and advise residents to either organise their own personal insurance or ask a family member to take responsibility for storing these items safely.
If required, residents’ cash can be stored in the office safe up to the value of £150. Residents cash kept in their rooms is not covered by our contents insurance.